1.) At the wonderful hour of 7:00am, my lovely groom informed me that he was on his death bed and needed to go to immediate care.  As quickly as I heard the moaning and groaning, I jumped on the internet to see when the CVS Minute Clinic opened.  Great – it was 9:00am on Saturday’s!!  Well dear, sorry – you’ll just have to wait two more hours.  So without skipping a beat – exactly two hours later, Neil wakes up and we’re off to the Minute Clinic.  Granted, I knew he had been getting sick for the past couple days, but I didn’t realize he was this bad!  Either way, we showed up and the nurse practitioner quickly welcomed us in.  She asked the usual questions – then turned to me and asked if he was “irritable” – and surprisingly, I responded with “No!  I prefer him this way!!”  It’s amazing how when he knows I’m the only one to take care of him and to keep the dogs away from him, he quickly comes to his senses and is just super nice!! 🙂  Of course, I would never wish sickness on anyone – especially my beloved – but I do have to admit, he’s much more lovable when he’s feeling under the weather!!  Either way – he’s all drugged up and laying in bed with the sleeping Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!  Needless to say…Mr. & Mrs. Davis, we’re glad your wedding was last weekend or you’d honestly be down one groomsman!!

2.) So, as I was cooking yummy Halloween Cinnamon Rolls (thanks, Ellen!!) for my groom and I, I got a call.  A call that I have been waiting for for a little over a week now.  I called this individual on Tuesday inquiring about something and was given the, “just a few more days” response.  Hmff…that’s not what I wanted to hear!!  So of course, Friday came and went with no call back.  Great!!  Now I won’t hear back until Tuesday because their office is closed on Monday’s.  Isn’t this just splendipulous!  So fast-forward to Saturday morning (about 2 hours ago).  I got that call.  And in about twenty minutes, I’ll be heading to Photography by Melinda to pick up our engagement pictures!!!!! Ooh, if you couldn’t tell, I’m just a little more that a lot excited!!!  So stay posted – in about an hour or so, you, my friends, will get the first sneak peak at most, if not all, of our engagement pictures!!  I am so excited that we will finally be able to check another item off our list – not to mention I’m just excited to have the pictures in hand!!  🙂  Now if only my groom would be coherent enough to see them when I come home!! 😦

So, I had a #3 to go with this, but not only did I find out that term was actually “1, 2, PUNCH” and not “1, 2, 3, PUNCH”, I got some terrible news.  I was so proud of myself because this morning I made a point to call our officiant for the ceremony.  Wendy has been getting on me about this for ages now and I just kept putting it off.  Now just wait a minute – I had good reason!!  I wanted to get a ceremony script from our home Pastor and also the script that my sister and Paul used.  We really were completely out of the loop on this one!  We had no earthly idea where to start!  We know what we want incorporated, but had no clue where to start!  Fortunately, Pastor Marc and Amy helped with that!!  So I woke up this morning ready to make the call.  I searched high and low on the internet trying to figure out how to successfully dial Scotland and after about 10 minutes of searching, I was ready to make the plunge…the plunge into long-long-long distance calling, that is!  Well, after all my searching and finally getting up the nerve to call Scotland and speak with the man who was going to marry my groom and I, I was met with – you guessed it – an answering machine!  Great!!!  So I left a little message, complete with my long distance telephone number and what I was calling about, and that was that.  A  beautiful 30 minutes later, I got a call back from “Unknown Name” and sure enough, I was ready to have the discussion I had been putting off!  Well, that didn’t happen either.  Instead, it was his wife who had quite simply told me that Rev. Peter Douglas had fallen terribly ill and there was no guarantee that he was going to be able to marry us next year.  My faithful and unselfish (at times) self told her I would keep him in our prayers and I would let Wendy know the terrible news.  Now, I’m not sure how old Rev. Douglas is, but how terrible of a thing to think that this poor woman had to make a long-long-long distance call to the U.S.A. to tell some crazy little bride that her husband was sick and may not make it into next year.  How selfish do I feel now!  Either way, I let Wendy know and I hope that we all can keep Rev. Peter Douglas and his wife in our prayers.  I cannot imagine the agony she must be going through – to simply just not know what tomorrow will bring.  So it’s back to the drawing board.  Wendy mentioned things being much quieter in her neck of the woods, so hopefully she’ll have another officiant lined up for me next week and we can have another go at it.  In the meantime, I pray.

P.S. 270 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes, 56 seconds until he’s my husband!! 🙂